Blairs Ltd is a leading manufacturer of high quality, bespoke timber windows and external doorsets. Working with the Department of Design, Manufacture & Engineering Management (DMEM) at Strathclyde University, this Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) aimed to adapt the
existing manufacturing software to accommodate a wide range of new product features and improve the overall production line.
- Dedicated production line introduced capable of quick response manufacturing (QRM)
- Significant increase in production capacity
- KTP project exceeded expectations on profit
- Won a KTP Award Winning Partnership award
- Professional development and invaluable project management experience for the Associates
Watch a video of this case study: